Online Business Tips For Beginners – FREE MASTERCLASS: The 3 Key “Ice To Fire” List Building Plans That Got Me From 0 – 40K Email Subscribers (& 10K Customers!)
I’ve seen my fair share of failed businesses that had amazing products and services, but it just didn’t work commercially.
Online Business Tips For Beginners
Do you need more traffic? Sign Up For My Free Traffic + List Building Workshop: 3 Key Strategies Behind How I Reached 10,000 Subscribers In 12 Months »
Proven Rules Of Success To Build A Successful Online Store
The only problem – I didn’t know how to market my stuff and get customers! Starting an online business is only one part of the process, you still have to market it.
If I had this guide, my life would be so much easier because I would know exactly which network marketing strategies to use.
1. SEO optimize your content: If you have written content on your blog, you definitely want to optimize your content for keywords. This will get you a lot of search traffic. Need some blog SEO tips?
2. Create an attractive website: A great website helps you create a brand that stands out and creates a great + professional first impression. If you need a website but haven’t been able to create your dream website yet, check out Your Amazing Website, my made-for-you website that comes with the premium Divi theme for a fraction of its price.
Business Tips For Freelancers, Small Businesses & Online Entrepreneurs
3. Create social media profiles: these days even your grandma will look for a social media presence to see if a business is legit. Not to mention, social media networks are a great place to market your business.
4. Build an email list: Building your email list is important. Seriously. Do that. If you need convincing/help with this, here are some related posts:
5. Connect your personal Facebook profile to your Facebook business page: This does a few things. Your personal contacts will see your business and may give you a referral. Also, when you network with other Facebook business pages or in Facebook groups, they will naturally go to your profile trying to find out more about your business. You can do this by adding your Facebook business page as your current workplace and setting the privacy for it to public.
6. Join Facebook Live / Periscope / other live streaming tools: In today’s noisy internet world, going LIVE will cut through all the noise, allowing you to interact with your audience very quickly. And that’s what you want, right?
Tips On How To Start Your Online Business In 2020
7. Conduct a webinar: Webinars are a great way to warm up cold traffic and turn marketing your products and services. (Sideplug: My webinar “3 Key Strategies To Boost Your Blog Traffic & Email List” is just what you’ll love!)
8. Hold a viral giveaway: Not just any giveaway – your giveaway should have a viral component. Give people who share the gift more points. If your premium is really valuable, your business could explode
9. Ask ex-customers for referrals: People will always trust their family and friends over any ads they see. This is a FREE and FAST method to get more customers. The point is: Will you do it? 😉
10. Put a recorded video about your offer: In a few minutes, you will be able to tell someone new 1) what you do 2) how you can help them 3) and why they should buy. Should the video be used as a marketing collateral – as an advertisement, on your social media profiles to engage your audience.
How To Start An Online Business
11. Create an infographic and share it: Well-designed infographics are in high demand. Create a great infographic, pin it to Pinterest, share it across multiple communities online. Infographics have a very high chance of going viral.
12. Join Facebook / Linkedin groups: The effectiveness of this will depend on what industry you are in. Join groups that have many of your ideal customers in them, this will help you understand the problems that potential customers face. You will also be able to directly interact and promote your business to members.
13. Share on Google+ Communities: Google+ may be more or less dead, but Google+ Communities is still very much alive. Depending on your niche, this may or may not work for you. Google+ Communities work like Facebook groups – your ideal customers might be there.
14. Get on Twitter and start talking to people: Use the search bar and look for people who tweet about relevant keywords related to what you do. Press answer. bam
Tips For Setting Up Your Online Business
15. Start joint ventures with other people in your niche: These people should preferably be non-competitors – both of you can share your audiences and grow together. For example, you could introduce someone with a larger audience to hold a joint webinar with you, and then you can offer a great freebie of yours in the joint venture webinar.
16. Join someone’s program and become their star student: They will have an incentive to promote and mention you because it puts them and their product in a good light.
17. Don’t hesitate to praise your competitors (or anyone): If you’ve tried a particular technique someone taught and saw success with it, make sure you let them know. You might be featured!
18. Be a guest instructor in someone else’s program: This demonstrates your expertise and positions you as a leader in your field. You can also pitch your product/service as an up-sell to what you offer as a guest instructor. For example, if you’re a lawyer, you could teach people how to protect their legal asses… and then sell them template contracts or consultations.
Starting An Online Business? Here’s The One Thing You Absolutely Need — Amy Shamblen Creative
19. Have social sharing plugins on your site: Ask people to share your content. Most of the time, people don’t share because they think you don’t need their little part. Explain that your business survives on those shares and ask for it. Some free options are Sumome or Shareaholic, but I personally use and love Social Warfare because of how lightweight it is. I highly recommend Social Warfare if you are looking for a reliable social sharing plugin 🙂
20. Create freebies and repeatedly ask people to share: If you’ve created something good, people will naturally want to reciprocate by sharing your work with the world. Focus on creating a lead magnet that is awesome.
21. Make a free challenge: Create an actionable challenge (for example: like my free 7-day blog starter challenge) to engage your audience, you can even introduce them to a product later.
22. Offer people free places to your course/ to get a free call with you: Most people are afraid to give away free stuff because they fear it will “devalue” their brand. Let me ask you – would you rather be invisible or help someone and have them rave about you? When you’re just starting out and can’t get anyone to pay you *yet*, I find it’s smart to offer free sessions, get people results, have plenty of testimonials to prove you know your stuff. They will naturally recommend new clients to you, PLUS you now have testimonials to show potential clients. The only cost? Your time, or the cost price of your product.
Growing An Online Business From Zero To Six Figures
23. Leverage during holidays to boost sales: People are in the mood to buy and it gives them a natural deadline to buy!
24. Get into directories like Yelp and Google Places: This is a MUST if you are an offline business hoping to market your business online.
25. Paid social media traffic: Don’t have the patience to wait for organic traffic or word of mouth to maintain? The fastest and most effective way to market your business is through paid traffic. You could have a profitable business running by tomorrow if your positioning and bidding are right. There are many different ways to do this on social media: Facebook ads, Twitter ads, Promoted pins, etc.
Do you need more subscribers? Sign Up For My Free Traffic + List Building Workshop: 3 Key Strategies Behind How I Reached 10,000 Subscribers In 12 Months »
A Beginners Guide To Starting An Online Business
26. Other paid ads: There are other ways to get paid traffic too, not just social media. Some examples: Google Adsense, ribbons, etc.
27. Create your own affiliate program: This is a fantastic way to get more customers – get it
28. Guest post on larger sites: Guest post on larger sites, it allows you to tap into someone else’s larger audience. Also, guest posts have a relatively long shelf life. You will continue to receive guest post subscribers while the post is still up.
30. Create content, email these influencers and they will share it with their audience. (Check out my: 101 Tips From Top Experts On How To Start A Successful Blog)
Blog Tips For Beginners
31. Have a great launch party whenever you do something new: This creates hype, focuses people’s attention on you and gets you on the radar of potential customers.
32. Republish your content on Medium: Medium is a great platform to share your thoughts, and you can republish your posts there to get even more eyeballs on your content after you’ve published it on your site.
33. Use Wisestamp and update your email signature:Wisestampacts as a walking billboard for your business whenever you send or reply to emails.
34. Make friends with
Effective Blogging Tips Every Beginner Should Know
Stock tips for beginners, investing tips for beginners, excel tips for beginners, vegan tips for beginners, small business tips for beginners, budgeting tips for beginners, business tips for beginners pdf, photography business tips for beginners, online business tips beginners, writing tips for beginners, business tips for beginners, songwriting tips for beginners