Marketing Tips For Small Businesses – Starting and growing an online business can be tough with all the competition emerging in the market. And selecting the right digital marketing strategies for your startup can be even harder.
As an entrepreneur, founder, or small business owner, how can you choose the right digital marketing approach for brand awareness and sales? We’ve rounded up the best cost-effective and actionable strategies you can implement right now.
Marketing Tips For Small Businesses
1. Start with research: Research your target market before launching a product or service to make sure people really want to buy it. Today, it’s easier than ever to research online to see what your target market needs or wants.
Tips For Developing A Small Business Marketing Strategy
2. Set SMART Goals: Setting specific, measurable, attainable, relevant and timely goals will help you stay on track. Setting three SMART goals is really the only way to see progress. For example, if you are launching a business, then setting a goal of $50,000 per calendar year would be a SMART goal.
3. Know the different terms of digital marketing: To become proficient in everything related to digital marketing, you need to know what each term means. You can familiarize yourself with the different terms here.
4. Write a digital marketing plan: Now that you have researched your target market and that people will buy your offer, it is time to create a digital marketing plan. This strategy should include your business objectives, strategies, messages and audiences, tactics, and a timeline with a budget. This document will serve as a short and long term plan for the growth of your business.
5. Create your buyer personas: Whether you are running a digital or offline marketing campaign, you need to know who your target audience is. This starts with creating buyer personas or those who are your ideal customers. You can determine this by conducting an online search. We usually label each person by name and include their age, location, income, job titles, other demographics, psychographics and purchasing behaviors. You should also list all the goals, challenges, pain points, hobbies and priorities to create people who are valuable to your business. In addition, all this information will help you create the right offers to sell.
Important Small Business Marketing Tips
6. Set a firm digital marketing budget: Setting a firm budget and spending only within that number is one of the most important actions you can take when it comes to digital marketing and advertising.
7. Look at others who have done it: Refer to other founders and entrepreneurs in your industry who have been successful in building their businesses. There is no need to reinvent the wheel when it comes to creating an offer. Look at what’s in your market and what you can do to improve what’s out there.
8. Value proposition: Make sure your brand has a value proposition to ensure you can attract the right target audience. A value proposition is simply what makes your business attractive to potential customers and clients. It is recommended that your value proposition be woven throughout the content of your website so that your potential readers are not left guessing what makes your business unique and different.
9. Data and information: Make decisions to improve your business based on the data that is available to you. For example, if you notice that your bounce rate is above 60 percent in Google Analytics, then try to optimize that page to lower the bounce rate and keep people on your website longer.
Top 5 Digital Marketing Tips For Small Business Owners
10. Set up the right key performance indicators (KPIs): Setting and tracking the right KPIs for your business is critical to its success. You should establish a list of relevant KPIs for your business before launching a new marketing campaign. Here are some of the most common: return on investment (ROI), unique site visits/visitors, time spent on site, search engine rankings, bounce rates, referral traffic, inbound links , likes, mentions and comments on social media. , and opt-in and conversion rates on landing pages.
11. Research the legal structure: To do business, you need to create a legal entity for your company. You can choose a sole proprietorship, a limited liability company (LLC), C-Corp, or an S-Corp. You can find more information here about which type is right for you, or you can talk to a lawyer.
12. Survey your existing audience (if you have one): If you are stuck on what to offer your customers, simply survey them to see what is missing and what you can create as part of your next product line. If you are just starting out, you can research social media and other online communities. Quora is a great place to start.
13. Sales/marketing funnel: To turn prospects into customers, you need to have a sales funnel in place. This funnel consists of getting qualified leads at the top and then moving them through the bottom to turn them into customers. Our FemFounder.co sales funnel looks like: social media and blog content at the top of the funnel, our email sequence in the middle of the funnel, and then the bottom of the funnel is a educational webinar.
Frequent Challenges With Local Marketing For Small Business
14. Landing Pages: Having multiple landing pages with different lead magnets can be an effective way to build your email list. A simple PDF or cheat sheet is enough to capture leads. We have about a dozen landing pages per website. Niche landing pages have been a great help in building an email list. We use LeadPages for most of our landing pages. Leadpages is not only affordable, but this software also offers all the tools you need to start building an email list.
15. Lead magnets: You should offer free content in exchange for email addresses. This type of digital marketing is called a lead magnet. After someone has signed up for your email list, this is the perfect opportunity to build a relationship with your new subscribers. To further engage with these subscribers, you may want to implement a follow-up email sequence that is generally in the following order: email 1 – thank you email with lead magnet, email 2 – value-based email, email 3 – soft pitch with an offer, and email 4—a value-based email with a hard pitch. If you are stuck on what to offer, here are some ideas for you to consider:
16. Thank You Pages: Thank you pages are prime real estate for promoting your price offers. After someone has signed up for a lead magnet or opt-in email list, direct them to a low-cost offer page. Offers can range from $1.00 to $99.00. This is often called an upsell. I think this is a great supplement to the income.
17. If you are looking for an all-in-one platform that offers email marketing, landing pages, upsells and down sells, and other digital products, Kajabi.com is a good place to start your search.
Small Business Marketing Tips Archives
18. Blog and organic search: Use your blog to boost your search engine ranking. Each blog post should be at least 2,200 words, optimized with a keyword density of one to two percent, and contain internal links to other relevant blogs on your website. Longer, more substantive blog posts will help your website rank for more keywords instead of posting shorter 500 word posts that were once effective.
19. Content of the pillar of the blog: A few years ago, we would blog on topics that concern our target audience, but we would never publish content that is more than 2, 400 words and that was pillar. But now, Google prefers blogs with pillar content that is usually longer than 4,000 words with shorter blog posts supporting the pillar content. For example, this blog post you are reading is considered a pillar blog post. It’s over 4,000 words and has links to our areas of expertise: advertising, branding, search engine optimization and Pinterest marketing. And then, we plan to build each of these pillars by publishing a minimum of 20 blog posts. This strategy may seem like it is excessive, but we find this approach to be the most effective when it comes to search engine rankings.
20. Blog titles: Your blog titles should be captivating and engaging to get readers to click through to your site. The shortest and most concise headlines win. Here are some examples of blog posts we’ve used in the past:
21. Update old blog content: To improve your search results, update old blog content that received the most organic traffic from search engines. We recommend that you focus on optimizing your first five blog posts. You can find it in your Google Analytics account.
Social Media Marketing Tips And Tricks For Small Business
22. Keywords: As the basis of any organic ranking on a search engine, the incorporation of keywords in each piece of content will help your website and business site higher in Google, Bing , or Yahoo. In general, we recommend using a keyword density of one to two percent for each key phrase. Limit keywords/keyphrases to three or fewer in each piece of content for blogs that are shorter than 2,000 words and limit keywords/keyphrases to six or fewer for content longer than 2,000 words. Please note that when you sign up for Google Keyword Planner, you will need to add your credit card information even though you will not be charged.
Internet marketing tips for small businesses, small businesses marketing, digital marketing for small businesses, marketing platforms for small businesses, best marketing tips for small businesses, marketing for small businesses, marketing companies for small businesses, top marketing tips for small businesses, email marketing tips for small businesses, digital marketing tips for small businesses, online marketing tips for small businesses, content marketing for small businesses